Mission & Vision
The GTTP’s mission is to provide a basis for understanding the role Travel & Tourism plays in both the local and global economy, and to stimulate interest on the part of young citizens in participating in the industry on all levels. Today’s students are tomorrow’s workers and consumers. The GTTP works to illuminate the benefits of a positive acceptance of the industry’s role, and provides school students academic study coupled with practical work experience in the Travel & Tourism industry.
GTTP E.A runs tourism clubs that provide academic curricula materials to secondary schools and runs a variety of activities for the teachers and the students. The program is currently in 56 public secondary schools, representing 47 counties in Kenya. Over 1,300 students actively participate in the program. The students participate in the clubs once a week and must have done the 3-year curriculum and 60 hours of unpaid internships to successfully complete the program. Our main goal is to create GTTP presence in as many secondary schools as possible.
- Make tourism part of the National Curriculum.
- Enhance activities and increase schools in Tanzania and expand into Zanzibar
- Give under privileged GTTP youth with a passion for tourism a life changing opportunity by finding scholarships and internships for them.
- Have partners from all the sectors of the tourism Industry
- Hold annual Tourism Career Expo’s
- Get at least 2 scholarships from institutions offering tourism related courses in East Africa per year
- Hold annual workshop programs for GTTP graduates.
- Incorporate private secondary schools into the program